Cleaning Your Perfume Bottles
Do you have several bottles of perfume, cologne, or after shave that need to be cleaned? Here’s an easy guide on how to keep them looking their best.
What Do I Need?
To clean your perfume bottles, you will need the following items:
- Mild Soap
- Soft Sponge
- White Vinegar
To properly clean your bottles, it is important to follow these five steps:
- Remove any labels. Using a pair of scissors or a knife, carefully cut away any glued-on labels from the bottle. Be sure to discard any remaining pieces.
- Rinse off the bottle.Once all labels have been removed, rinse the bottle with lukewarm water to remove any extra label glue or residue.
- Mix a cleaning solution.Mix together a mild soap with warm water. You can also use white vinegar and water in place of the soap and water mixture.
- Soak and scrub the bottle.Soak the bottle in the cleaning solution for 15 minutes. After soaking, use a soft sponge to gently scrub off any dirt or residue on the bottle.
- Rinse and dry the bottle.When the bottle is clean and free of dirt, rinse it off one more time with lukewarm water. Finally, pat dry with a soft towel or air dry upright on a dish towel.
Tips for Maintaining Bottle Condition Over Time
Once you’ve given your perfume bottles a thorough cleaning, you can help maintain them by:
- Storing in a cool dark place. This will help protect them from exposure to heat which can degrade the quality of the fragrance molecules over time.
- Keeping lids closed tightly when not in use.